Vintage Patterns

I am so excited and blessed to have such a sweet mother in law. She has been a seamstress for like forever and I have been so wanting to find some vintage patterns for my art, so I called her up and she had a big box full that she said I could have. Between the caffeine buzz from too much coffee and the news of the vintage patterns I had an adrenaline rush all morning. Is it crazy to get so excited about old patterns? I don't know if it is or not, but I am. I cannot wait to go through them and start working with them in my art! I'll post some pics of them tomorrow. Some of them are really old. Thanks, Neva!

Comments

  1. Ahhhh!!! I totally understand:-) I collect vintage patterns and got a new batch of them over Christmas, quite a few from the early 1940's. I am slowly working my way through copying the patterns so i can use them with out damaging them. I love making clothes from the original pattern pieces and directions. Techniques have changed quite a bit over the years. So many old patterns are just thrown away which is really sad. They really are a window into a different life and time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY!!!

Why Adopt?

Choices