On My Mind

I have been thinking a lot lately about my Mom. She left this earth March 30th 2008. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her, but I have been missing her so much lately that it hurts. Seriously, I ache to see her and talk to her. I miss how just by her presence she managed to keep our family together. The collapse of our family actually started with the death of my sister but when my Mom was still here it was at least somewhat still intact. I am not referring to my husband and children. I am talking about my sister's and brother and their families. There was once a time when we were all so close, seeing each other often and talking even more. I don't know how to fix it or if it is even my place to. Maybe this is the normal progression of things. Does spending time together just remind us of what we've lost. Is that why it is just easier to let time pass with not so much as even a phone call? I would like to say I'm not bitter but that would be a lie. I am. I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to ease this dull ache in my stomach and the longing in my heart for what was.  

Comments

  1. These anniversaries can be so hard. I am so sorry that you have had such loss compounded by the family distance.

    Sending you warm thoughts for these difficult days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY!!!

Why Adopt?

Choices