Plan B

I saw this on Christy Tomlinson's blog and had to share.
Plan B
Life is all about how you handle Plan B.
Plan A is always my first choice. You know, the one where everything works out to be happily every after. But more often than not, I find myself dealing with the upside-down, inside-out version.  Where nothing goes as it should. It's the point that the real test of my character comes in..
Do I sink, or do I swim?  do I wallow in self pity and play the victim, or simply shift gears and make the best of my situation?  The choice is all mine...
life is all about how you handle Plan B.
(Suzy Toronto)


   This reminds me of my life and probably everyone else's. We all have an idea of what we think life should be, what we think will make us happy. The truth is, Plan A rarely happens and we can let it destroy us or embrace what is probably our true path. When I was a child, teenager or young adult I never dreamed I would have gone through what I have in my life. If someone would have said "Medeah, you are going to lose your Dad at 14, have 4 ectopic pregnancies, 2 ivfs that will result in miscarriages, lose your sister and best friend and then lose your Mom," I would have told them to shut their mouth! That wasn't part of my plan. I plan on getting married and having a child, which I did, but all of those other things happened as well. I also adopted a beautiful baby girl who couldn't be more mine if she had come out of my body. I witnessed my son marry the girl of his dreams on a sandy beach. I gained strength with the losses even though I thought at the time they might kill me. I lost myself in the needs of children. I learned how much I loved art and that I was an artist. I gained friends, good friends, true friends that I might not have ever met if I had not gone down that path. Life can be hard, very hard, but there is also joy, sweet joy found in the most average and mundane of moments. A child's laughter, a blue sky, an unexpected visit from a butterfly, things that can often go unnoticed that are truly miraculous. My hope for anyone reading this and myself is that we would just pause, relax and let go of the worry even if just for a little while. Help someone else. Stop thinking that life will only be worth living if this or that happens. The worth is inside each of us. It is already there. Enjoy something that you might have overlooked. Start looking for things to enjoy and be inspired by. It is there, maybe not where you thought you would find it, but there where it should be.

Comments

  1. Hello my new friend! I read this and I thought: Swim, swim, swim. Sinking is not an option.
    Colette xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY!!!

Aha Moments